22nd INTERNATIONAL INTERDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE ON THE ENVIRONMENT!
June 28-30, 2016
500 East 4th Street
Austin, Texas, USA
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
(Deadline for Abstracts: May 15, 2016)
The Interdisciplinary Environmental Association (IEA) invites you to participate in the 22nd International Interdisciplinary Conference on the Environment (IICE)! The conference is motivated by the increasing need to combine ideas and research findings from different disciplines to enhance our understanding of the interactions between the natural environment and human institutions. Conference presentations focus on:
- What all disciplines have to offer with respect to understanding environmental and resource problems;
- Possible solutions that are available;
- The implications of the globalization of environmental concerns.
The conference welcomes environmental academics, practitioners, and interested colleagues regardless of discipline or country. Participants may organize sessions (please ask for “Panel Organizer Guidelines”), present papers, participate in poster sessions, chair sessions, discuss papers, participate in roundtable discussions, or simply observe. The conference also welcomes papers and posters submitted by both graduate and undergraduate students, as well as papers and posters submitted in association with chapters of Kappa Alpha Omicron (advisors, please contact email@example.com for details).
To facilitate communication, authors should make an effort to write papers and design posters that can be understood by an audience outside their disciplines. All papers submitted for publication consideration in Interdisciplinary Environmental Review must pass peer review from both within and outside the primary discipline of the author(s). The program consists of:
- Small concurrent seminar-type sessions with chairperson, presenters, and a discussant assigned to comment on and integrate the ideas of the presentations
- A poster session with time for discussion with the authors
- Round-table thematic discussions with moderator
- Workshops and panels
- Invited keynote speakers
- Welcome reception
- Conference banquet luncheon
There will be an opening reception for all on Monday evening, June 27th. Registration and conference materials will be available at the Reception and starting at 8:00 AM throughout the conference. Students are welcome at all events.
We welcome research that crosses the boundaries of traditional disciplines to frame environmental problems, propose working models, or address field, community, or academic issues in any area of environmental and sustainability research.
To participate as a PRESENTER please submit ABSTRACTS of your poster or paper
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 15, 2016
Please, submit your abstract (of no more than 300 words) by May 15, 2016. All submitted abstracts will be evaluated for presentation and publication in the Book of Abstracts which will be available at the Conference.
- You may submit abstracts for no more than 2 presentations (paper or poster);
- For co-authorships please include names, affiliations, and addresses of all authors and indicate who will serve as presenter
To have your paper considered for publication in the journal Interdisciplinary Environmental Review, please e-mail a pdf of the document or submit four (4) hard copies of the paper by May 1, 2016 to the Editor of IER, contact information below.
- Full paper submission is optional. Papers submitted for review for IER must not have been published, accepted, or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- All papers will be evaluated using the blind, multidisciplinary review process of IER.
Publishers, vendors, distributors, and displays are welcome at the conference. Registered conference participants may display advertisements or distribute information (brochures, job openings, scholarship and assistantship announcements, etc.) free of charge. Non-registered individuals or organizations may distribute materials or post announcements for a fee of $50. A six foot table for display and/or vendor purposes can be arranged for a fee of $200. Please contact the Conference Chair using the information below for details.
Efforts are underway to organize several one-day or part-day field trips in association with the conference. Field trips usually operate immediately before or after the conference, and will involve a small fee for transportation and lunch. Details will be available on this web site once available.
Session Chair/Moderator Information
Participants may propose and organize sessions; please contact the Conference Chair using the information below and ask for “Panel Organizer Guidelines”. “Session Chair/Moderator and Discussant Guidelines”, as well as copies of the abstracts or papers to be discussed, will be available on-line and/or e-mailed to moderators and discussants once sessions are organized.
Note: Standard registration fees include hors d’oeuvres and adult beverages during the opening reception, lunches, coffee breaks, and access to all Conference presentations, sessions, and functions. Hotel guests receive free breakfast. Registration also includes membership in the Interdisciplinary Environmental Association and a one-year subscription to IER. Optional field trips are available before, during, and after the conference for a small fee.
Cancellations: Cancellations must be in writing and are subject to a $75 handling fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations after June 1, 2016. Refunds will be processed after the conference.
Refunds: Individuals submitting abstracts for presentation that are not accepted are eligible for fee refunds.
- Early Registration (due by May 28, 2016): $250
- Graduate Student Registration: $125
- Undergraduate Student Registration (verification required): $100*
- Spouses/Companions: $100
- Panel/session organizers: $150
- After May 28, 2016 – add Late Fee: $75
- Local Conference Participants: $100
- Covers conference, breaks, and luncheon only
- After May 28, 2016 – add Late Fee: $75
*Student and spouse/companion registration does not include a subscription to IER, but registrants can subscribe for an additional $50.
KAO Members can deduct $50 from their Registration Fee.
- Pay by credit card (2.99% fee), electronic check, or international transfer (variable fee depending on location) using the web site link assumption.afford.com/paynow?storeid=677.
- Pay at the conference by domestic check (payable to Assumption College/IEA in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank), American money order (payable to Assumption College/IEA in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank), or using U.S. currency. (NOTE: credit cards cannot be accepted at the conference site.)
Please mail all registration fees by the appropriate deadline date to:
c/o Shane Epting, Conference Chair
Dept. of Philosophy and Religion Studies
University of North Texas
EESAT Room 225
1704 West Mulberry St.
Denton, TX 76201
FAX: (940) 565-4448
Please mail all manuscripts intended for consideration by IER (if not e-mailed) by the appropriate deadline date to:
Dr. Demetri Kantarelis
Editor, Interdisciplinary Environmental Review
Department of Economics and Global Studies
500 Salisbury Street
Worcester, MA 01609-1296 USA
TELEPHONE: (508) 767-7557
FAX: (508) 767-7382
PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD TO COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS.
500 East 4th Street
Austin, Texas 78701
Tel:1-800-HILTONS or (512) 482-8000.
The hotel rate is $159.85/night taxes included, available at Hilton Austin (group code: IEA). The conference rate runs from June 25 – July 1 if you would like to arrive early or stay longer. To secure the conference rate, hotel rooms must be booked by June 3, 2016.